(Judicial Quest News Network)
he Telangana Government on Wednesday announced that it will set up a fast-track court in Mahbubnangar for a speedy trial in the gruesome rape & murder of a women veterinarian on the outskirts of Hyderabad.
The horrific assault led to huge protest in the state and a massive outpouring of anger across India.
On the instructions of Hon’ble Chief Minister, a High Level Review Meeting has been convened by Sri Mohammed Mahmood Ali, Hon’ble Minister for Home, Smt. Sabitha Indra Reddy, Hon’ble Minister for Education, Smt. Satyavathi Rathod, Women Development and Child Welfare and Sri Errabelli Dayakar Rao, Hon’ble Minister for Panchayat Raj & RD with Principal Secretaries Concerned and the DGP and other higher officials of the Police and respective departments in the Office Chambers of the Hon’ble Minister for Home at Lakdikapul today to discuss and to chalk out action plan to be adopted by the departments of Police, Education, Women Development & Child Welfare and Panchayat Raj collectively to prevent the incidents of crime against women. After an in-depth analysis and discussions, the following issues have been decided to be taken up.
- Upon the instructions of the Hon’ble Chief Minister of Telangana Sri Kalvakuntla Chandrasekhar Rao, a fast track investigation has been taken up in the incident of Disha. It was discussed that the cases of crime against women and woman missing should be registered immediately by the Police upon receipt of complaint without reference to the point of Jurisdiction of the respective Police Station and teams should be swung into action. For this, the Zero FIR System should be followed.
- Various long and short term measures have been proposed to evolve a system driven approach by involving various departments towards safety and security of women and child.
- To strengthen the She-Teams. To make the Hawk-Eye App more user friendly and its extension to entire state of Telangana.
- Wide-spread awareness programmes to be taken up in campaign mode among the public especially among girls and women about the available Police helplines and apps in case of need.
- This matter has been discussed elaborately eliciting the steps to be taken for wide publicity to be given about Dial 100, 181 and 1098 in case of police help and the common number 112 for entire nation for use in case of emergency etc. from grass root level.
- Notice Boards with these helpline numbers shall be displayed in all educational institutions from Primary Schools to Colleges. On Public Transport Vehicles, Autos, Cabs etc.
- Vulnerability reduction will be aimed by planning and executing launch of various e-learning courses towards educating schools and colleges on women and child safety issues
- Short films, Skits, Slides on Women Safety and Police Helplines to be played in Television Channels and also Cinema Theatres at the beginning of the movie invariably.
- Every Government Office, Public Place such as Bus Stand, Railway Station including Metro Stationincluding school text books will have printed and displayed these helpline numbers.
- The Education Department to evolve a system for inculcating the moral values and ethics among the children about respecting a girl/woman from the primary school level itself by bringing a special/extra curriculum on moral values in coordination with the She-Teams and prepare material to provide training of trainers so that they can train to evolve required standards at school level.
- To present certificates to the childrenwho participate in special/extra moral curriculum classes to encourage them. Likewise, special programmes must be taken up in Schools and Colleges to promote awarenessby concerned departments-school education, Women and Child welfare department , sports & culture and police together.
- To take the services of Panchayat Secretaries to get the information about youth with abnormal behaviour in the respective village by police so that a close watch can be kept and they and their parents can be counselled to correct them.
- To coordinate and plan programmes with the help of SERP, Self Help Groups, Anganwadi Workers, Asha Workers in Rural Areas and MEPMA, Colony Welfare Associations in Urban and City Areas, Women Development and Child Welfare Officials, Panchayat Raj Department Officials to sensitize on gender issues by forming a village level committee covering concerned departmental function areas who work with periodic review up to district level.
- The Government Schools shall also conduct Parent-Teacher Meetings as is done in Private Institutions periodically,so that the behaviour of the students can be checked and parents are alerted on the behaviour of the children/youth where all stake holders are invited for awareness as well as impact assessment
- The Self Help Groups shall visit the local Police Stations and sensitize the Police Personnel also on the women and children related issues
- To introduce online e-learning courses for girls/women for empowerment of women and gender sensitization courses for boys and men.
Principal Secretaries to Govt. Sri Jagadeeshwar, Sri Ravi Gupta, Secretary to Govt. Sri Janardhan Reddy, DGP Sri Mahender Reddy, Commissioners of Police Sri Anjani Kumar, Sri Mahesh Bhagwath, Sri Sajjanar, Sri Ravinder, ADGPs Sri Jithender, Smt. Shika Goel, IGPs Smt. Swati Lakra, Sri Stephen Ravindra, Sri V.V. Srinivas Rao, SP., Smt. B. Sumathi & other officials attended the meeting.